Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Kenmore, South East Qld, Australia
I'm a vegetarian who loves dining out, dark chocolate and catching up with friends over a run or a bike ride followed by a yummy breakfast. I live with my carnivorous husband, dalmatian dog and burmese cat.

Monday, December 7, 2009

40mins easy ride - Noice!!!

This week is RECOVERY WEEK - yippee!!!

I love recovery week, not quite as much as taper week and not nearly as much as the week after a major tri, but it's right up there.

I do tend to take it a tad too seriously though...  Too much of a good thing and all that!

I met Faye and Sarah at the Nundah Crit track and we just rolled around chatting - it was lovely.  I tried to keep my cadence high and tried to flush out any residue lactic from yesterday's ride.

I was really tired this morning and all day and wasn't feeling too flash.  A great indication was that I wasn't really hungry.  This is my best indicator that I am a bit overtrained.  So, whilst I felt as though I pulled up really well from the long ride yesterday I suspect it took more out of me than I realised. 

More incentive to really use recovery week to my advantage!

:-)

0 comments: