Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Kenmore, South East Qld, Australia
I'm a vegetarian who loves dining out, dark chocolate and catching up with friends over a run or a bike ride followed by a yummy breakfast. I live with my carnivorous husband, dalmatian dog and burmese cat.

Monday, December 14, 2009

Nundah Crit Session

This morning's session was supposed to be a 20min warmup 30min 70-80cadence FAST, 30min cool down.

However, Craig and I got there a bit later than Faye and Jacque and they started before us.  When we saw Faye finish we were almost ready to start and were chatting to her and she said that she thought that it was 20mins, not 30min effort, so who were we to argue!  20min it is then!

Craig and I started at the same time and we pretty much stuck to each other the whole way.  I overtook Craig a couple of times when he lost concentration, but mostly Craig was out in front.  A lot of the time I was behind him to the side and not drafting but there were times where I was working hard just to keep on his wheel drafting behind him.  I think we both worked pretty hard together and kept each other honest.  Craig said that our average was just over 35km/h so that is a pretty good effort.  I am hoping that I can keep on to him once he gets his Ridley Dean on the road, I suspect that I will be on my own then!

We rolled around for 30mins afterward and I tried to get down on my aero bars but my shoulder was quite sore and I couldn't really get comfortable.

0 comments: