Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Kenmore, South East Qld, Australia
I'm a vegetarian who loves dining out, dark chocolate and catching up with friends over a run or a bike ride followed by a yummy breakfast. I live with my carnivorous husband, dalmatian dog and burmese cat.

Thursday, December 17, 2009

The start of my long run!

Well, since having a hamstring hiccup I haven't done any long runs.  Today I managed a 1 hour run with a few niggles but nothing too dramatic.  Coincidentally, no niggles on my hamstring!

Craig and I set out from home and ran up to Kenmore Road and then around to Fig Tree Pocket Road and we managed to get almost down to the Pony Club before we hit 30 minutes and turned around.

It was quite a hilly run and probably not one that I will continue as my long run.  I think I will do my run out to St Lucia or even Chelmer/Graceville as there is a mix of flat and hills and water and toilets, etc.

I struggled and felt like I was running really slow (there's a reason for that - I was!).  But at the end of the run I didn't feel as though I had to stop, I could have shuffled along for a bit further, so I am happy to finish on a note like that.

There are a couple of hills that I ran up today that I haven't been able to run up before; I was gasping for air and struggling, but I didn't need to walk, so whilst it is still slow there is some improvement.

Cliff Young is my inspiration.  I often think that if I get into a comfortable pace if I can just go on forever like Cliff I'll be a happy girl.

0 comments: