Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Kenmore, South East Qld, Australia
I'm a vegetarian who loves dining out, dark chocolate and catching up with friends over a run or a bike ride followed by a yummy breakfast. I live with my carnivorous husband, dalmatian dog and burmese cat.

Friday, December 18, 2009

Friday river loop

Well...  this was NOT a recovery ride.

Not quite sure what happened, but Muffy came around to my place and I ended up being about 5 minutes late, Craig was driving in as he was picking the kids up after the ride and wouldn't have enough time to ride home and pick up the car.  So, running late Muffy and I flew in to West End and arrived out of breath with 5 minutes up our sleeve.  Phew!

For some reason, the rest of the ride continued in the same manner, there was just Muffy and I and we really hooked along.  We hit over 40km/h through Coronation Drive and we hit 38km/h through the Corso.  We jumped on the pack of a group of 5 cyclists at 1 point when they overtook us and hung with them from St Lucia to Yeronga so this picked up our pace too.

I didn't time our loop, but I think it was around an hour 10, however we were stuck on quite a few lights.

I paid for it later in the day, felt quite shattered actually!  Mental note - use this ride as a recovery ride!!!

At least the coffee and banter afterwards was all worth it.

0 comments: