Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Kenmore, South East Qld, Australia
I'm a vegetarian who loves dining out, dark chocolate and catching up with friends over a run or a bike ride followed by a yummy breakfast. I live with my carnivorous husband, dalmatian dog and burmese cat.

Thursday, December 3, 2009

More change of plans!

Well, I am a woman, I'm allowed to change plans!

Yesterday's lunchtime swim was a no-show from me.  Work got in the way and it just wasn't going to happen.  This is going to happen from time to time and I will need to make a decision as to whether I drop the session or 'gasp, horror' catch up the session after work.  In this instance due to me having ridden in to work that day I decided to skip it and ride home instead as it would have become a bit of a logistical nightmare trying to carry my swim gear on my bike with no backpack.

I was talking to my friend Sarah last night and she is coming in to the big smoke today so we decided that we would run at lunch together and catch up.  Some friends catch up over coffee, others catch up over a run!  I'm looking forward to it.

So, I had planned a swim session at lunch today, so I swapped that around and did that before work at the Valley pool which seemed to work out OK.

Now, the good news is this was the set that has the 200m TT in them and I am really happy with the results (more on that later).

The set was:
4 x 100m pb/paddles w/up
6 times: 3 x 25 easy, 1 x 25 HARD with p/b/paddles
200m TT (timed obviously)
4mins rest
6 times: 3 x 25 easy, 1 x 25 HARD  with p/b/paddles
200m TT
4mins rest
4 x 100m p/b/paddles c/down

So, the first 200m was 3mins 36secs and then second one was 3mins 34sec.  Now the second one really hurt, I felt awful and was convinced that this was going to be considerably slower than the first, but I was pleasantly surprised to see it was slightly quicker.  Now, the thing to note with these times is that the pool was split in half so it was effectively a 25m pool, so even though I was a good 8 secs quicker than last week I'm not quite sure if I am going to count it.

The good thing is I am on the way to getting these consistently under the 3min 30secs mark.  Progress is continuing!

1 comments:

Richard said...

You're killing it Em! Keep it up