Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Kenmore, South East Qld, Australia
I'm a vegetarian who loves dining out, dark chocolate and catching up with friends over a run or a bike ride followed by a yummy breakfast. I live with my carnivorous husband, dalmatian dog and burmese cat.

Sunday, December 27, 2009

90min long run with Craig

After the festivities of Christmas Day and Boxing Day which both contained copious amounts of food we were in damage control!

So, off for a 90min run for us.  I am a slower runner than Craig and he said that he would run at my pace.  We headed out towards Indooroopilly and St Lucia and made it to the Golf Course before turning around and heading for home.

The run felt comfortable; I made sure that I wasn't hurried and ran at my own pace and I felt good.  I felt like I could have run forever.  I took a bottle of water with me and a gel of which I managed to have a 'sip' of - I really need more practice with this. 

The rain made it a little uncomfortable, Brisbane had just received copious amounts of rain and we copped a good steady rainfall on the run.  I have come to the realisation that I don't like my feet getting wet.  I am going to put a pair of socks in a snap-lock bag in transition for the IM so that I am guaranteed a pair of dry clean socks for the marathon!  Small luxuries...

Because we didn't have any other commitments we took our time stretching and then went into the pool and I seemed to recover from this session really well.  My ITB's were a little tight in the evening, but really this was the only indication that I had run for 90minutes so I am really pleased with that.

0 comments: