Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Kenmore, South East Qld, Australia
I'm a vegetarian who loves dining out, dark chocolate and catching up with friends over a run or a bike ride followed by a yummy breakfast. I live with my carnivorous husband, dalmatian dog and burmese cat.

Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas morning

We had a big day planned...  12 of our family and friends were coming over for a massive Christmas Lunch, so Craig and I decided that we didn't want to do too much exercise otherwise we would be yawning through the conversations.

We decided our 5km loop would be a good start to the day and go a little way towards undoing the damage we both intended to inflict on our waistlines at lunchtime!

The run was gorgeous - I donned my reindeer antlers and took Nattie with me and I had a couple of people wish me Merry Christmas and flash their car head lights - very festive.  It sprinkled a light rain which was really pretty and cooling which all made for a fantastic run.

Now, on to the important business of Christmas Lunch and Boxing Day Lunch!

The menu was:

Turkey Roll
Ham
Roast Potatoes with garlic and rosemary
Roast Pumpkin and Sweet Potato coated with seasoned flour
Honeyed carrots
Beans with slivered almonds
Crunchy noodle salad

And for dessert:

Christmas pudding with brandy butter
Custard
Cream
Ice-cream
Cointreu truffles
Fruit
Pavlova Christmas Day
Cheesecake Boxing Day
Many more nibblies

So, all in all - there is a lot of work to be done to work it all off!!!

0 comments: