Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Kenmore, South East Qld, Australia
I'm a vegetarian who loves dining out, dark chocolate and catching up with friends over a run or a bike ride followed by a yummy breakfast. I live with my carnivorous husband, dalmatian dog and burmese cat.

Friday, December 11, 2009

Friday Coffee ride!

This morning was my favourite session of the week.

Craig is in Beijing at the moment and I decided to drive in to West End (it is recovery week!).  This ended up being more of a pain than anything; it took me ages to get home from West End where I parked the car all day.  I kept thinking as I was sitting in traffic on the way home that if I hadn't driven the car in I would be home by now!!!  Watching as all the cyclists whizzed by.  Leason learnt...

It was a good ride, nice and cruisy at chat pace and a nice group of 5, although we dropped 2 with a flat tyre and picked them up later in the ride!

It was so hot and muggy it was incredible. Afterwards I couldn't face a hot coffee so I had an iced coffee instead - it was fabulous, this may very well be my new drink!

I'm a bit apprehensive about tomorrow's ride.  We are doing a Samford, Dayboro, Petrie loop of around 115kms, but it is, as some would say an 'undulating' ride.  I just call it what it is - hilly!

Jacque, Faye and I are leaving from Ashgrove at 4:30am, so hopefully we will beat the worst of the heat.  Wish us luck!

0 comments: