Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Kenmore, South East Qld, Australia
I'm a vegetarian who loves dining out, dark chocolate and catching up with friends over a run or a bike ride followed by a yummy breakfast. I live with my carnivorous husband, dalmatian dog and burmese cat.

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Recovery week shinanagins!

I must confess...

I have taken the whole recovery week thing just a tad far.  I haven't swum all week, I did a rolling 40min chat around the crit track on Monday (and if I was really honest with myself I don't think I actually rode the full 40 minutes!).  I am riding tomorrow for the social coffee ride.

I did however go for another run this morning with Nattie the Wonderdog.  I was wondering if she would see the lead and pretend to be invisible, but this was not the case.  She didn't let me out of her sight and kept bounding around the house right in front of me.  So, away we went. We set off on our normal hilly 5km loop around home leaving at 6:15am which is an hour earlier than we left on Tuesday, so it was slightly cooler.  Still hot though....  this is Brisbane....  in summer!

She settled down a bit quicker today and we both had a good run.  She was dragging the chain just a little towards the end, but she survived it much better this time around.  Onwards and upwards for both of our fitness!

I could feel my shin in the early part of the run and I was starting to get a little concerned, but it felt OK once I had warmed up.  Other than that I didn't have any niggles or pain.  I stretched my calf out when I got home and jumped in the pool and my legs felt good all day so I think that I will just have to be diligent with the whole stretching and allowing enough time for a good 20min stretch and a sit in the pool for 10-15minutes after a run and hopefully this will keep any niggles and injuries at bay.

0 comments: