Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Kenmore, South East Qld, Australia
I'm a vegetarian who loves dining out, dark chocolate and catching up with friends over a run or a bike ride followed by a yummy breakfast. I live with my carnivorous husband, dalmatian dog and burmese cat.

Saturday, December 5, 2009

A bit of a mis-calculation

Craig has his kids over at our place every 2nd weekend and school holidays, etc.  So, when it is a 'kid' weekend we are being a little creative...

The plan is for Craig to do his long ride on the Saturday morning, whilst Craig is riding I will swim and then I will drive over to Wellington Point and pick Craig up and then pick the kids up.  This means that Craig can start his ride at Kenmore, finish it at Wellington Point not wasting time coming home and then back out to ensure that he gets optimal sleep and time with the kids! 

Now, the plan was for me to swim at a pool along the way prior to picking Craig up.  This plan worked well, I found the Clem Jones swimming pool at Carina and it is a fantastic pool.  I had a lane to myself for most of the swim, it is a nice clean pool and best of all - it has a canteen that sells good coffee and toasted sandwiches - perfect!

However...  I miscalculated the timing and I ended up having to finish my pyramid set sooner than I would have liked.

The set was as follows:

1 x 50m
1 x 100m
1 x 200m
1 x 300m
1 x 400m
1 x 300m
1 x 200m
1 x 100m
1 x 50m

All with pool buoy and paddles with the last 50m swum fast.  Repeat the pyramid so that it is done twice.

Now, I got through the first really well, but I only did the 400m set of the second pyramid, then I did a cool down so the total swim distance was 2.2kms.

I felt good though and I was using Craig's paddles which are a bit smaller than mine and I didn't put my wrist's through the straps.  I read that by just having your fingers through the elastic it forces you to have a better pull action.  I found it a bit strange and I had to concentrate at first, but got the hang of it in the end.

0 comments: