Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Kenmore, South East Qld, Australia
I'm a vegetarian who loves dining out, dark chocolate and catching up with friends over a run or a bike ride followed by a yummy breakfast. I live with my carnivorous husband, dalmatian dog and burmese cat.

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Cycle TT

We were at the Nundah Crit track at the bright and early time of 5am...

It was a 30min warmup followed by a 30min TT followed by a 30min easy cool down.

The track was wet, but there was no rain thank goodness and even better - there was no wind.

My 30mins I got to 17.5kms (average 35kms/hr), last week was 16.8kms so I was happy with that.  Craig caught me about halfway through and we played around a bit; I drafted off him, then I overtook him, then he overtook me and then I drafted off him, etc, etc.  I tried to not be drafting off him when I didn't need to so that it was a solid effort the whole way through and I think that you actually work a lot harder doing it like this, but it will blur the figures.

Chatting to Craig afterwards we are kind of thinking that we might start them together and ride them together.  That way we will both be working hard and pushing each other on.  My fear of course is seeing as I am only hanging on to him by a thread at the moment that once he gets the Ridley it will be Bye Bye Emma!

0 comments: