Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Kenmore, South East Qld, Australia
I'm a vegetarian who loves dining out, dark chocolate and catching up with friends over a run or a bike ride followed by a yummy breakfast. I live with my carnivorous husband, dalmatian dog and burmese cat.

Thursday, December 17, 2009

50m x 50m swim

Today's swim was to be:

6 x 50m warm up
38 x 50m 5secs rest with p/b/paddles all at the same pace
6 x 50m cool down.

I had a really sore shoulder after Sunday's swim and skipped Monday's swim as a result (any excuse!).  My shoulder felt good so I thought that I would swim and see how it felt.  It felt great in the warmup but once I put the paddles on I felt pain pretty much straight away so took the paddles off. 

I kept the pool buoy on and swam without paddles.  My first lap was 1min 10secs!  I did some quick calculations and decided that this was going to take forever!  So I skipped the 5secs rest and just continued on until the set was finished.  I have no idea what time I was doing them on at the end but my gut feeling was that they would be equal or better than when I started as I was getting a bit better feel for the water and was really concentrating on my stroke.

I will stay off the paddles for probably another week or so and then give them another go and see how it works out, but if they still strain my shoulder it will be off with the paddles!

0 comments: