Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Kenmore, South East Qld, Australia
I'm a vegetarian who loves dining out, dark chocolate and catching up with friends over a run or a bike ride followed by a yummy breakfast. I live with my carnivorous husband, dalmatian dog and burmese cat.

Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Years Day!!!

We had a lovely New Years evening with some friends at our place as well as our niece Kirsty and Craig's daughter Rachel (Blake ditched us as he is too cool to hang our with the olds on NYE!) It was a great night; we sat arond talking triathlon boring Kirsty and Rachel and then our friends left us to endure our marathon session to midnight! We had a swim in the pool and had a lot of junk food to keep us awake and we all managed to make it until midnight which was great.  I think we were all in bed before the fireworks had finished showing on the TV!  Such party animals.

So, needless to say a leisurely sleep in was had by all.  It was bliss.

Eventually when we did get up Kirsty, Rachel, Craig and I all headed out on the bikes down to Jindalee Pool so that Craig and I could do our swim set and the girls could have a swim.

The swim set was a new format;

12 x 50m w/u as 3x easy/mod/fast/all out (10secs rest),
12 x 50m: 1st 15m off the wall ALL OUT / 10m VERY EASY float, walk back or VERY VERY  easy 25m float back (ZERO effort), immediately into next one, after 12th one,
200m ALL OUT, 4min rest,
12 x 50m: 1st 15m off the wall ALL OUT / 10m VERY EASY float, walk back or VERY VERY  easy 25m float back (ZERO effort), immediately into next one, after 12th one,
200m ALL OUT, 4min rest,
2 x 400m easy with paddle/pb with 40secs rest,
200m easy pull/paddle cd

I really liked this session, I think it was because there were lots of breaks!  Even though it was intense it was good. 

The 200mtrs were done on 3:35, then 3:31, so this is an improvement on my previous efforts by 9 secs for the 2nd one.  The key for me I think is to try and swim stronger, not necessarily faster. 

Even though the set says pb/paddles I didn't use them except on the 2nd 400m easy and that was the only time where my shoulder started to hurt so I will continue to do the swim sets with no pb/paddles certainly until I can be pain free with a pb.

It was lovely at the pool, Craig's set was longer so I lolled around with the girls and just relaxed and enjoyed it thinking to myself that this Ironman caper's not as bad as everyone makes out! 

Watch this space!!!

0 comments: