Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Kenmore, South East Qld, Australia
I'm a vegetarian who loves dining out, dark chocolate and catching up with friends over a run or a bike ride followed by a yummy breakfast. I live with my carnivorous husband, dalmatian dog and burmese cat.

Sunday, February 21, 2010

24.5km run with company!

This run was a repeat of last week's long run with a great twist!  Sarah joined me which was great.  She was happy to let me shuffle along at my own pace and kept me entertained with banter.  It was a bit cooler too, which helped us.

I was loaded up with food, band aids, chaffe cream, money - I felt like we could have left home!

It rained as we went over the Green bridge and I was getting a little concerned that we were going to be running with squelching feet, however it really didn't amount to much at all thank goodness.

We got to the Yeronga shops around the halfway mark and stocked up on some Gatorade for me and an orange mineral water for Sarah.  Well, do you think these 2 strong girls could open Sarah's drink!  We tried our hands (wet and sweaty), t-shirts (wet and soggy), serviettes (no good), until eventually, we must have looked desperate and thirsty enough for a kind gentleman to offer to open it for us - Phew!  Disaster averted...  Thank you.

The rest of the run went without incident and the good news is that we finished the whole run in 3 hours.  I finished 1km short last week, so I am thrilled with this.  Also, I was less sore this time around, although my feet still ached.  I actually took a Nurofen at the 2 hour mark to make sure that it will sit ok with me as I never take pain killers.  Thankfully it sat well as I intend on using them throughout the race if need be.

Sarah is a real trooper; she finished the Geelong Half Ironman a couple of weeks ago and her next event is Mooloolaba Triathlon which is Olympic Distance, so she really didn't need to do a 3 hour run!  I was really grateful for the company as it made the run that much more bearable.

We celebrated with Iced Coffee's whilst cooling down in the pool - very civilised.

0 comments: