Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Kenmore, South East Qld, Australia
I'm a vegetarian who loves dining out, dark chocolate and catching up with friends over a run or a bike ride followed by a yummy breakfast. I live with my carnivorous husband, dalmatian dog and burmese cat.

Friday, February 12, 2010

Wetsuit swim

Craig and I headed out to Jindalee Pool with our wetsuits to get in some practice.

The pool wasn't quite open yet, however there were a zillion (yes, a zillion) people waiting to go in, many with bikes - it looked like a triathlon session about to take place.  So, we hightailed it out of there and headed over to Bellbowrie Pool!

This turned out to be a good move as we had an entire 50m lane to ourselves.  Fabulous.  We were very self-conscious getting kitted up in our wetsuits in Brisbane's summer morning. 

The set was 4 x 800m for me and 5 x 800m for Craig.  Craig managed to lap me enough times that we finished within 100m of each other - quite demoralising really.  But, in saying that I was starting to find my rhythm with the wetsuit.  By the 3rd 800m I was very comfortable, so I am pretty happy with that.  I felt as though I could swim forever, although it was getting quite hot.  Each time I turned at the end of the pool it was a relief to get a bit of fresh cool water go through the wetsuit and when I took it off it felt like bliss to be surrounded by cool water - I hadn't realised how hot it was!

0 comments: