Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Kenmore, South East Qld, Australia
I'm a vegetarian who loves dining out, dark chocolate and catching up with friends over a run or a bike ride followed by a yummy breakfast. I live with my carnivorous husband, dalmatian dog and burmese cat.

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Wednesday's TT ... on Thursday!

Being just over 2 weeks out from D Day (Ironman NZ) it was a good week to get my bike serviced. 

So, Monday night I took Craig's and my bike over to Troy the bike guru of guru's to tune it up and give it a final going over.  Troy said that he would have it ready by Wednesday night, so the scheduled Wed session was changed to Thursday.  Thankfully Faye was kind enough to swap also, so that we each had company.

The crit track was quite busy and when Faye arrived it was in full swing.  However, we set out and I quickly found my rhythm and the path wasn't too congested. It was hard work, I wish I had my HR monitor on so that I could keep an eye on it as I was working pretty hard.

My distance for the 30mins was 18:13, 36.26km/h average.  I am absolutely thrilled with this as the last TT I did was a month ago and I averaged 36.5km/h, however I was drafting behind Craig and Richard, where today's TT was pretty much on my own.  I did draft a bit when some faster cyclists overtook me and I drafted behind people prior to overtaking, but nothing like being dragged around the crit by Craig and Richard.

Out on the track today was a wheelie cyclist and we both finished at the same time and were packing up beside each other in the carpark.  He asked me how I went and I told him that I feel stuffed!  We started chatting and after talking about the training sets we each did on the track today George tells me that he is the QLD reigning 20k TT champion and he has the Australian Championships coming up in April which he is training hard for.  He is racing 2 events: the 20k TT and the 65k road race.  He has been ranked number 2 in Australia for the past 3 years and is hoping to reach number 1 this year.  I told him about my Ironman training and that I hoped to just finish the race.  We both wished each other good luck, I hope George can bring it home for QLD and himself and be number 1 this year.  I also mentioned to him that he was really poor to draft behind... 

0 comments: