Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Kenmore, South East Qld, Australia
I'm a vegetarian who loves dining out, dark chocolate and catching up with friends over a run or a bike ride followed by a yummy breakfast. I live with my carnivorous husband, dalmatian dog and burmese cat.

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

It's raining cats and dogs!

The plan today was to sleep in which contributes greatly to my overall sanity and then to run at lunchtime.  I have been doing this prior to Hell of the West to acclimatise to running in the heat, but I have decided that I will continue with it as I really do like my Tuesday sleep ins!

So, I turned the alarm off before going to bed on Monday night and had a very wonderful sleep in.  I can't wait until this becomes a regular occurence!

I packed my running gear in my bag and headed off to work.

Just before 12, I started to think about getting ready for my run when I looked outside and everything was grey - I couldn't even see the outlines of any buildings through my window!  On closer inspection it was bucketing down rain, the likes of which I haven't seen in quite a while!

Now, I'm not adverse to running in the rain, particular in Brisbane's summer heat, however this was different, it was followed by some really close lightening and thunder and was the sort of rain which would leave you looking like a drowned rat with blisters and chaffing.  Not ideal...

So, I decided to skip the lunchtime run and try again in the afternoon.

It was still raining in the afternoon, so it ended up being a treadmill run which was very boring, but at least it was done.

My motivation is wavering on "I can't be bothered" to "OMG, it is so close, I need to really smash it!"

I just want to keep everything ticking over nicely at the moment and not get any injuries, illness or anything that could be detrimental to my race in 17 days!!!

0 comments: