Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Kenmore, South East Qld, Australia
I'm a vegetarian who loves dining out, dark chocolate and catching up with friends over a run or a bike ride followed by a yummy breakfast. I live with my carnivorous husband, dalmatian dog and burmese cat.

Thursday, February 25, 2010

3km swim - I thought this was a taper???

So, it was 30 x 100's.
3 x 100's warmup
24 x 100's 15secs rest, every 3rd 100 swim the last 50 ALL OUT
3 x 100's cool down.

I really liked this set.  I got to the pool just before opening and there were a handful of us waiting to get in and swim.  It was funny, because it was a long'ish set most of those people had left and a new lot of people had come and go by the time I had finished! 

My swimming is not fast, but it is feeling comfortable and effortless which is right where I need to be at the moment.  I just concentrated on a nice long stroke trying to pull as much water through as I could.

Hopefully, this will hold me in good stead to get out of the swim relaxed, calm and ready for a 180km bike ride!

0 comments: