Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Kenmore, South East Qld, Australia
I'm a vegetarian who loves dining out, dark chocolate and catching up with friends over a run or a bike ride followed by a yummy breakfast. I live with my carnivorous husband, dalmatian dog and burmese cat.

Saturday, February 20, 2010

A great ride with friends

Today we had to ride 4.5hrs, so Faye, Sarah and I met at Jacque's place for a ride out to Petrie, Scarbrough, Redcliffe, Sandgate, Shorncliffe, followed by a river loop.

I had just had my bike serviced so it was shiny and freshly lubed and all beautiful...  Well, of course if rained!  It actually poured on us and was stinging our faces and pooling in my bike shoes - I was cold in the middle of summer!  Not pleasant...  However, we kept at it as we are Ironmen, although I didn't feel much like being one as I was squinting in to the rain; I was wishing for me doona and a sleep in.

Thankfully the ride improved as it stopped raining.  Faye peeled off to meet Vanessa for a ride and we dropped Sarah off on the way through to our river loop.  Sarah wanted to ride for 3 hours with us, but I think it ended up being a fair bit more than that! 

Jacque and I copped a fair bit of traffic around the river loop which wasn't much fun at the end of a ride, but we ended up back at her place being just a few minutes ride time short.

I was easily enticed with the promise of an iced coffee instead of a run!!  It didn't take too much convincing.

I got home and spent some time cleaning all of the road grime from my bike which was sadly no longer shiny and beautiful. 

0 comments: