Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Kenmore, South East Qld, Australia
I'm a vegetarian who loves dining out, dark chocolate and catching up with friends over a run or a bike ride followed by a yummy breakfast. I live with my carnivorous husband, dalmatian dog and burmese cat.

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Stupid blister!

My blister was throbbing Monday night after my swim.  I was starting to have a little niggling doubt about whether or not I should have done Hell of the West...  It was brief though, I really did gain a lot of confidence in doing it, so I still don't regret it.  However there was no way I was getting up on Tuesday with my throbbing toe to run, so I wrote Tuesday off.  :-(

I have been regularly soaking it in Betadine and applying savlon and paw paw ointment hoping that this heals it really quickly.  Wednesday morning I was able to do a wind trainer session thank goodness!

The session was 30mins warmup, 30mins time trial and it was supposed to be a run off the bike, but in lieu of my toe, I ditched it for a warmdown on the bike instead.

The time trial was tough, mainly because it was on the wind trainer, but more so as I was riding blind.  Craig had my bike computer so I had no cadence, HR, speed, etc which means that I really had to focus on those things myself.  I felt as though it was a pretty honest session, I was certainly working hard, my breathing was hard and my legs were working so I was pretty happy with it.

Hopefully, I will be able to run tomorrow...

0 comments: