Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Kenmore, South East Qld, Australia
I'm a vegetarian who loves dining out, dark chocolate and catching up with friends over a run or a bike ride followed by a yummy breakfast. I live with my carnivorous husband, dalmatian dog and burmese cat.

Saturday, February 13, 2010

I fell off!

Well, I had a very gumby moment.

I was leaving home to meet Jacque in at Active Stride at 5am.  So, when I left home it was 4:30 and it was pitch black.  I was on the driveway, mounted my bike, clipped in my feet and away I went - except I managed to turn my wheel enough to block my pedal motion when I went to turn left out of the driveway and I was helpless to avoid crashing like a heavy sack of potatoes to the ground.  As I realised I was falling I had that moment where I just hoped that I wasn't going to break anything!!!  3 weeks today to Ironman New Zealand and I really, really, really didn't want a stupid fall to end it all.  Thankfully as I went through my body and assessed the damage, it just seemed to be a sore knee which ended up a bit grazed and sore hands which actually were fine.  Phew!!!

Not a great start to the ride.  So, Craig helped me put all the pieces back together and patched me up and by this stage I was running late and feeling a bit shaken, so I decided to drive in and meet Jacque at Southbank instead!

Thankfully, this was the most excitement!  Jacque and I headed down the Coast and we made it down to the Mobil just south of Dreamworld. 

It was a nice, cruisy ride and it was great to catch up with Jacque.  We managed to chat and catch up so it was really good.  Very enjoyable.  Finished the ride feeling very strong and not overly fatiqued.

0 comments: