Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Kenmore, South East Qld, Australia
I'm a vegetarian who loves dining out, dark chocolate and catching up with friends over a run or a bike ride followed by a yummy breakfast. I live with my carnivorous husband, dalmatian dog and burmese cat.

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Clem7 Tunnel run

Today was the Clem7 tunnel run.  It was to be a run from the Bowen Hills entrance of the tunnel to the SE Freeway entrance which was the turnaround point and then back again.

I was looking forward to it.  However, it turned out to be kind of awful.  I met some friends for work there and the goal was to run it with them. We started a fair way back and they gradually let the runners through and in to the tunnel.  When we started it was not too congested, which was good.  A short time in to the run, however I realised that it was really hot and humid.  I was sweating quite profusely and my HR was about 10bpm higher than what it should have been. 

Unfortunately it didn't get any better from there as when we approached the first water station they had run out of water!!!  Each water station we passed had no water.  I ended up walk/running with Lindsay from work and we passed 2 competitors who had collapsed, so I'm not too disappointed we walk/ran it, let's face it; that's how I intend on bringing the Marathon home on Saturday!

So, lesson learnt - do your run from home where you take your own water out with you and run in the open air rather than through a tunnel!

0 comments: