Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Kenmore, South East Qld, Australia
I'm a vegetarian who loves dining out, dark chocolate and catching up with friends over a run or a bike ride followed by a yummy breakfast. I live with my carnivorous husband, dalmatian dog and burmese cat.

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Happy Birthday Gran!

My Gran turned 90 today.  Such a fabulous achievement, made more so by the fact that she is as sharp as a tack, can still get around OK, is living on her own, although she does have some help.  She is a really sweet person who stays up to date with current events and is always easy to have a conversation with.

To celebrate this fabulous day the 'girls' in her life all took her out to High Tea.  It was lovely, there was my mum, aunty, cousin, there were 3 of her neighbours and a couple of friends from way back. 11 of us all enjoyed a fine High Tea with dainty sandwiches, scones, cupcakes and mousse shots served alongide tea in beautiful china cups.  Definitely worth taking the day off work for!  Hope you had a lovely birthday Gran.

Thankfully I managed to get my swim in before heading up the Coast, however the motivation for a run in the afternoon upon my return was lacklustre at best!

After some procrastination I headed out for my 5km hilly loop around Kenmore.  I started fairly slow and steady, however around the halfway mark I started to feel really good.  Maybe the 2 days off training helped! I felt like I was running fast and I was really enjoying the run.  I finished really strongly and wished that I had timed the loop!  Maybe it's just as well...  Perception is a funny thing and can often not match up to reality! 

Let's just agree that I was running fast.

0 comments: