Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Kenmore, South East Qld, Australia
I'm a vegetarian who loves dining out, dark chocolate and catching up with friends over a run or a bike ride followed by a yummy breakfast. I live with my carnivorous husband, dalmatian dog and burmese cat.

Monday, January 25, 2010

1hour 50min long run

Due to my dodgy hip flexor I chose a route that was relatively flat.  I ran from Kenmore to Tennyson and then back again.  I headed out at 4:30am, it was still a little dark, not needing a headlamp dark, but the sun wasn't up yet.  As I was running through the bike path to get on to the road it was a bit dingy and even though I am really familiar with the path, etc. I couldn't help wishing that Nattie was running beside me.  Nattie, however hasn't turned into much of a summer runner.  She would run this run with me a few months ago when I was training for the Gold Coast Half Ironman, but she can't cope with the heat and humidity, so a 30 minute run is about all she can cope with. 

I ran comfortably and was feeling as though I could run forever. I had a bottle of electrolytes with me and a power bar.  I didn't need the power bar, but I could have done with a bit more electrolytes!  It was quite muggy.

I started to feel it in my legs in the last 30minutes or so of the run.  I think that I really need to do some strength exercises in my legs as I am not going to get the km's into them.

My hip flexor didn't flare up, I could feel it and would describe it as a niggle rather than anything more, but I am booked into an Osteopath on Friday, so hopefully they can get it sorted for me!

0 comments: