Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Kenmore, South East Qld, Australia
I'm a vegetarian who loves dining out, dark chocolate and catching up with friends over a run or a bike ride followed by a yummy breakfast. I live with my carnivorous husband, dalmatian dog and burmese cat.

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Crit Session

Today was another TT effort.

30min waarmup
20min HARD TT effort
30min cool down

Craig and I arrived at Nundah Crit track at 5:30 and the track was buzzing with cyclists - it is certainly different cycling there on a Wednesday than it is to cycling there on a Monday!

Sarah and Alicia were just setting up so we rolled around for 10minutes with them warming up before Faye got there from riding in and we continued chatting and catching up - very civilised.  When time was called to do the TT Craig took off and I jumped on him - I wasn't going to let his back wheel out of my sight!

So, we ended up doing the TT together; there were times where I was off his wheel and into the wind, there were times where I was in front of him, but mostly I was just clinging on to his back wheel.  Craig had 30mins to do and I only had 20mins.  I couldn't have held that pace for the 30mins.

Ended up cycling 12.5kms which doesn't sound that far, but the average was 37.5kms/hr, so that is great going seeing as it was 35kms/hour on the last TT (but that was over 30mins not 20mins).  There was bugger all wind which made things easier and of course there was Craig's back wheel!

More importantly - Sarah, Craig and I had a good catch up over coffee which was the highlight!

0 comments: