Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Kenmore, South East Qld, Australia
I'm a vegetarian who loves dining out, dark chocolate and catching up with friends over a run or a bike ride followed by a yummy breakfast. I live with my carnivorous husband, dalmatian dog and burmese cat.

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Lunchtime run

Struggle street...

It was not overly hot, it was maybe high 20's with high humidity but those conditions weren't extreme.  I was well hydrated, but I really struggled to get my breath and seemed to be running as though I was an unfit person starting out.  I thought initially that maybe it was because I wasn't warmed up, but I really didn't get out of struggle street the whole run.  I ended up walking halfway through for 30secs to try and get my breath.  When this didn't seem to make any difference I just trudged on doing a shuffle and wondering if I was ever going to get out of first gear (no I didn't).

Not quite sure what is going on, but I know that I'm not myself and am really thankful that it is recovery week.  I am driving in to our Friday coffee ride instead of riding in and I will take it easy on the weekend.  Hopefully a couple of easy days and I will be back to feeling OK.  

I might even contemplate eating healthy....

0 comments: