Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Kenmore, South East Qld, Australia
I'm a vegetarian who loves dining out, dark chocolate and catching up with friends over a run or a bike ride followed by a yummy breakfast. I live with my carnivorous husband, dalmatian dog and burmese cat.

Friday, January 22, 2010

Definition of frustrating...

The definition of frustrating is getting out of bed at 4:30am to get to the pool to perform a 3.4km swim set to discover that the pool is cut into 25mtr's and there are 4 lanes available to the public.  At one point in my 25mtr lane there were 8 people and one of them was water running...

The sad part is I had to choose a slow lane as the set that I was doing had quite a lot of VERY EASY/NO EFFORT laps in it, so I could hardly go in the faster lanes.  Then there were sections where I was attempting to do a 200mtr TT and I was dodging everyone and getting caught up - it was hopeless.  I was either in someone elses way or someone was in my way!

200mtr TT times were 3:37 and 3:33, however both times I was interrupted by other swimmers.  I did this set a week or so ago in the Valley pool with no interruptions and I got 3:19 and 3:24 so it was all a bit hopeless.

To top it off I was fighting cramps in my feet the whole way.  I used the pool buoy for the last 1km of the set and I ended up ditching the last 150m of the cool down as the cramps were getting more frequent and harder to shake.

All in all it was not a great session.  I will look at going to the Jindalee pool next week instead and hopefully this will help.  I taped my feet up prior to this session which I have been doing for the swim sessions as the balls of my feet are getting cut up from kicking off at the ends (I am sensitive!).  So, I will try and put the tape on relatively loosely as I'm not sure if that attributed to the cramping or not.

0 comments: