Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Kenmore, South East Qld, Australia
I'm a vegetarian who loves dining out, dark chocolate and catching up with friends over a run or a bike ride followed by a yummy breakfast. I live with my carnivorous husband, dalmatian dog and burmese cat.

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Australia Day brick session

Today's plan was to do a 4km swim, followed by a 50km easy ride.

We got to Redcliffe and it was a millpond, it was probably the calmest water I had seen there.  However, the water was really warm.  I didn't want to risk wearing a wetsuit and dehydrating.  A few others wore wetsuits and I am feeling as though I really want to get the practice in it.  Brisbane's summer is proving challenging though!  I think not wearing a wetsuit was wise as the temperature quickly rose and it ended up being a very hot day with the sun beating down.

I felt comfortable the whole swim.  I was relaxed and my stroke felt ok.  I wasn't tiring and overall I was really happy with it.  It was nice to have done a 4km open water swim.

We then jumped on the bikes to do 2 loops of the coast which is a bout 50kms in total.  We rode as a group and the pace was very comfortable.  We did a TT effort along a section of it where we all split up and rode hard which was good.  It felt good and fast.  On the second lap we did a team TT, I was teamed up with Bec and Ali and worked really well together and we managed to catch the group in front of us.  Overall it ended up being quite a tough ride, particularly in the heat.

We finished it off with an Australia Day bbq at Karl's place which was great.  It was nice to sit around and chat to everyone without gasping for breath!

0 comments: