Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Kenmore, South East Qld, Australia
I'm a vegetarian who loves dining out, dark chocolate and catching up with friends over a run or a bike ride followed by a yummy breakfast. I live with my carnivorous husband, dalmatian dog and burmese cat.

Friday, January 8, 2010

Friday Coffee ride!

I was very much looking forward to this ride.

Seeing as it is recovery week and I didn't take my clothes in to work on the Thursday I decided to drive in to West End rather than ride in.  Also, given I have been a bit off the past few days I justified it in my own head!

There was a good number - I think there were 8 in the second group and we cruised around quite nicely.  We did have one altercation with Nicole having to explain to a German driver that in Australia we are actually allowed to drive on the roads!  Scary seeing as he had tried to swerve her off the road.  Anyway, he is now informed on the ways of cycling in Australia!  ;-)

Afterwards it was a castrophe - Alberto's was shut!  Ye Gods!!!  So, we headed up to the Garage and joined up with some people that we knew that ran with Pat Carroll Running Group and with Sarah, Megan and Alicia that did their run training, so it was good to catch up with everyone.

I felt good throughout this ride, I feel as though whatever has been bugging me for the last few days is finally going away.  I could breathe OK and I didn't feel as though I was running on empty.  Thank goodness!

0 comments: