Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Kenmore, South East Qld, Australia
I'm a vegetarian who loves dining out, dark chocolate and catching up with friends over a run or a bike ride followed by a yummy breakfast. I live with my carnivorous husband, dalmatian dog and burmese cat.

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Swim set

I had a sleep in this morning - how civilised.  I managed to potter about the house and read the paper over a leisurely breakfast - it was lovely.

I had arranged to meet Faye at the pool at 10.  Our swim set was as follows:

12 x 50m 15secs rest (easy, medium, fast, all out)
12 x 50m as: 15m all out, 10m easy, 25m very, very easy
200m ALL OUT
12 x 50m as: 15m all out, 10m easy, 25m very, very easy
200m ALL OUT
2 x 400m with paddles/pb 40secs rest
200m cool down with paddles/pb

3.6km's all up.  This session was good.  We were at the Valley pool where it is currently split into 25mtrs and my 200m times were 3:19 and 3:24.

The good news  - the last time I did this TT at the Valley pool when it was split in two was December 3 and my best time was 3mins 34secs.  So, I am thrilled with this.  I'll take a 15sec improvement! 

My initial goal was to get them consistently under 3mins 30secs, so I won't reset my goal just yet, but I will reasses it the next time I swim the TT at Jindalee 50m pool and this will be a good way to see where I am at and maybe set a new goal!

0 comments: