Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Kenmore, South East Qld, Australia
I'm a vegetarian who loves dining out, dark chocolate and catching up with friends over a run or a bike ride followed by a yummy breakfast. I live with my carnivorous husband, dalmatian dog and burmese cat.

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

New Monday session

This morning session was power intervals.  Wind trainer session with a 20min warmup followed by 20 x 1min power intervals with a really hard gear pushing a cadence of 40-50 with a 1min rest (very easy) in between, followed by a 15min fast run off the bike and a 10min cool down.
I had the company of Faye which was wonderful, it certainly makes sessions go a whole lot faster when there is the distraction of good company.  We managed to chat through most of it, although I was on the treadmill while Faye was water running which put a stop to the banter!

The session was quite good; I didn't pull up as sore as doing Cootha, but I'm pretty sure that I didn't work as hard as doing Cootha reps either. 

This week is a recovery week which I didn't think I needed on the weekend, but now I'm not so sure.   It may be the combination of being back to work after having 4 days off may be the culprit or it may be the accumulation of the weekends 7hrs training.  Either way, I am going to enjoy 'recovery week'! 

0 comments: