Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Kenmore, South East Qld, Australia
I'm a vegetarian who loves dining out, dark chocolate and catching up with friends over a run or a bike ride followed by a yummy breakfast. I live with my carnivorous husband, dalmatian dog and burmese cat.

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Thursday BTS squad swim

This morning was a great session even though I struggled to get out of bed.  I made the mistake of setting the alarm 20mins earlier than when I really needed to get up so I reset it went back to sleep and then got re-woken up!  I should never do this! 

However, once I was at the pool I had just about recovered!  The set was taken by Tim O and we did the following:

4 x
200m free 20secs rest
300m pull 30secs rest
200m pull/paddles (I skipped the paddles) 20 secs rest

200m cool down choice

3kms all up.

I felt ok in the water and was hanging on to Faye and Penny in the free, but as soon as we put on pull buoys I was spat out the back.  I compensated by not taking the breaks, although I did get lapped a few times by them.  I would catch them up again when they stopped for a break and then I would continue on trying to chase them down and avoid being lapped the next time!

It made for a nice solid set and I was careful to keep it aerobic rather than chase too hard.

Drove home from the Valley pool and had time for coffee and breakfast with Craig before heading in to work - all very civilised.

0 comments: