Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Kenmore, South East Qld, Australia
I'm a vegetarian who loves dining out, dark chocolate and catching up with friends over a run or a bike ride followed by a yummy breakfast. I live with my carnivorous husband, dalmatian dog and burmese cat.

Monday, January 11, 2010

20 x Power Intervals!

Wind trainer session with Faye.  It is certainly nice to have company, particularly on a wind trainer.

The session was a 20min warmup, 20 x power intervals - 1min HARD resistance 40-50 cadence, 1min EASY, followed by a 15min moderate run, 10min cool down on the bike.

After our warmup we were into it - the intervals are good - 1min is tough, but achievable.  I found that about halfway through I was able to make the resitance a notch harder, and then a few more intervals I was able to make it another notch harder.  I am pleased that I am making it harder rather than having to lessen off the resistance because I can't hold the cadence!  So, I guess that indicates that I am gaining strength.  Maybe after warming up??  The resistance is at about 90% and I am in the hardest gear so I am pretty pleased with that.

Next Monday will be Cootha as I really think that it is so beneficial physically and mentally.

The run felt good - I concentrated on keeping my cadence high and I was running quite comfortably.  It was moderate but OK.

Our cool down was nice, we pedalled around and had a nice chat whilst watching the news on the TV.  The satisfaction of having done a good solid session is a great feeling. 

0 comments: