Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Kenmore, South East Qld, Australia
I'm a vegetarian who loves dining out, dark chocolate and catching up with friends over a run or a bike ride followed by a yummy breakfast. I live with my carnivorous husband, dalmatian dog and burmese cat.

Sunday, January 17, 2010

90min hilly run - phew

After a 15min warmup I tackled our hilly Kenmore loop.  To say I was fatigued from the ride 5.5hour ride yesterday was a major understatement!  I was shagged...  There is a bit that is a bit of a slope and it normally doesn't bother me but I found it really tough and then when I got to the steeper bit I shuffled up there at snails pace doing everything within my willpower to not walk.  It was not pretty.

However, I did manage to get around twice and I didn't walk except for 3 steps when I had a stitch which wouldn't budge. 

It was one of those sessions where I was definitely going through the motions to get it completed.

It's nice to have gotten through and toughed out a session like that on very fatigued legs. 

My hip flexor was sore before the long ride yesterday, then after climbing Nebo and Settlement Road and Samford it was quite sore.  After today's run it was bothering me a lot.

I attempted to do my 30min run in the afternoon, but once I found myself limping after only a couple of minutes it turned into a brisk walk instead.  So, it was a 30min walk and a good stretch instead of the run.  Disappointing, but I think it was the right decision.

0 comments: