Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Kenmore, South East Qld, Australia
I'm a vegetarian who loves dining out, dark chocolate and catching up with friends over a run or a bike ride followed by a yummy breakfast. I live with my carnivorous husband, dalmatian dog and burmese cat.

Saturday, January 9, 2010

60min run

Well, the down side of having a sleep in and relaxing around the house in the morning is that I have to do an afternoon run.

When we swam at 10am this morning the heat was on.  I applied sunscreen but I am still burnt - it was really a burning sun and the temp was up.  It would have been in the 30's.  So, of course in the afternoon it was still hot...  So, I waited until 4:30pm and headed out then.

It was still warm, but not overly unpleasant, I took a bottle of water with a nuun tablet in it just to make sure I didn't dehydrate too much.  I ran through the Cubberla Creek reserve which Craig discovered a couple of weeks ago.  There is a whole heap of trails through there and it is really lovely.  There is a creek with stepping stones and it is really pretty.  So, discovering new trails certainly made the run a whole lot more pleasant. Also, it is relatively flat which is nice seeing as this was supposed to be an easy run.

I left the trails and ran to the end of the grass fields of Cubberla Creek reserve and then ran up to the Fig Tree Pocket state school and then ran straight back without going through the trails on the way home.  It ended up being just over an hour.

Got home and stretched and then jumped in the pool to waist high for a while to get the heat out of my legs.  I then applied some Zen linament and put my Skins on.  I am hoping that this will all amount to a great recovery as I have been getting a few little shin niggles and ankle niggles.

0 comments: