Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Kenmore, South East Qld, Australia
I'm a vegetarian who loves dining out, dark chocolate and catching up with friends over a run or a bike ride followed by a yummy breakfast. I live with my carnivorous husband, dalmatian dog and burmese cat.

Monday, January 11, 2010

Trent's Monday swim session

I was very motivated to attend Trent's swim session as this means that I can have a guilt free Tuesday off!

Did I mention that Tuesday is my rest day!  Yippee!!!

I had to be on the 11:52 train to make it in time.  11:30 - Changed into swim gear.  11:35 - organised towel, cap, goggles, toiletries.  11:45 left to catch train.  Forgot wallet - raced back to grab wallet.  11:48 left to catch train.  11:52 - got to platform 4 to watch the doors shut in front of me on the train heading to the valley.  :-(   How does this happen!  I was so organised (or so I thought).  It was about this time that I realised that I was wearing one black shoe and one brown shoe!  Aaaargh!!!!  I wonder if anyone will notice?  All of a sudden I am very self conscious.

I was feeling a bit of a sugar low, had 7 minutes for the next train, so I went up to McDonalds to get a juice.  I don't frequent Macca's very often.  Being vegetarian meanst that the options are not great and the smell is hideous.  On their menu board they have a 250ml juice, so I requested that.  Well, that caused some confusion - has noone ever ordered a juice at McDonald's before?  I couldn't see a drink fridge so I couldn't even point to what I wanted, I could only point to the board.  Eventually the guy behind the counter asked another guy and I got a Nudie juice - cool!  Strawberry, Apple and a few other bits and pieces.  I checked the use by date and it was all good and it tasted beautiful!  Really hit the spot and I had some energy for the session ahead.

I apologised to Trent - I ended up being about 10mins late.  They were still doing the warmup which was 100's consisting of 75free, 25 choice so I jumped in and joined them.  I chose breaststroke of course!

The following set was 200m: 25m sculling, 25m free.

Main set: 7 x 200m on 4:10 with pull buoy.

Cool down was 200m 25m one arm drill, 25m swim.

So, it was a good solid session.  I felt like I was swimming OK.  Trent wanted to see us do the 200's with a consistent time which he said means that we need to put in an extra 10% effort on the second 100.  Trent told me to turn my arms over a bit quicker in the last 100m so I worked on that.  Not quite sure I achieved it but I will work on it in the future.

0 comments: