Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Kenmore, South East Qld, Australia
I'm a vegetarian who loves dining out, dark chocolate and catching up with friends over a run or a bike ride followed by a yummy breakfast. I live with my carnivorous husband, dalmatian dog and burmese cat.

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Sunday Long ride

Today was a 3 hour ride.  Ordinarily this would seem like a long ride to me, however after doing rides of over 5 hours has changed my perspective!

I was looking forward to doing an easy 3 hour ride.  We met at Newmarket and there were 7 of us that headed out to Petrie, Scarborough, Redcliffe, Sandgate and home again.

It was a nice ride and I was in my big chaing ring for many of the hills that I remember struggling up only a couple of short years ago.  So, that was rewarding.

The pace was on as Faye and Sophie hit the front and powered away.  I hung on to the back of them fairly comfortably, but once I was on the front for any length of time keeping pace with Faye was just plain hard work!  So, I was happy to tuck away and sit behind.

We did just under 90km's so it was a good solid pace.  There were heaps of cyclists out and about, there seemed to be more cyclists than cars.

It was boiling hot and I ended up drinking 3 bottles of electrolytes, 1 bottle of water and eating an anzac cookie.  I could have probably done with another drink bottle as I was quite thirsty when we finished and drank more than a drink bottle of water in a short time after the ride.

The best part was that we all had coffee and breakfast at Newmarket afterwards - there is nothing quite so rewarding as a great breakfast after a good ride!  Poached eggs on toast - yum!

I came home and jumped in the pool to cool down and then the temptation to float around the pool in the lilo overcame me.  Craig took a photo:



Nattie in the background working out how she can join me!

0 comments: