Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Kenmore, South East Qld, Australia
I'm a vegetarian who loves dining out, dark chocolate and catching up with friends over a run or a bike ride followed by a yummy breakfast. I live with my carnivorous husband, dalmatian dog and burmese cat.

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Thursday squad swim

Brisbane Triathlon Squad (BTS) have been running an Ironman swim squad on a Thursday morning and it fits in perfectly with my schedule.

Because I have registered for Hell of the West triathlon I want to start doing some of my runs at lunchtime to get acclimatised to the heat, so I have swapped my run around with my swim.

The swim set was good - nice and long.  It consisted of:

300m warmup
10 x 100m on 2mins
straight in to 300m pull buoy
8 x 100m on 2:05
straight in to 300m pull buoy
300 cool down

I found the session quite solid.  I was getting about 10secs rest on the 100's however I was working pretty hard to get that. 

I struggled today with my breathing.  I haven't been feeling on top of my game the last few days.  I am kind of glad that it is recovery week.  I feel as though my heart seems to be beating faster than what it should when doing slow aerobic things.  My resting HR is 49 and this hasn't changed, so I am not too concerned, but I will try and dig up my HR monitor so that I can keep an eye on it.

Most importantly, it was Faye's birthday today so we all went to the coffee shop and celebrated with breakfast - it was good to hang out with the other IM guys and talk rubbish.

0 comments: