Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Kenmore, South East Qld, Australia
I'm a vegetarian who loves dining out, dark chocolate and catching up with friends over a run or a bike ride followed by a yummy breakfast. I live with my carnivorous husband, dalmatian dog and burmese cat.

Monday, January 18, 2010

Trent's Monday swim session

It was a good solid session.  Boiling hot - 38 degrees!!!

We did a warmup of around 500mtrs doing 150swim 3 x 50m any stroke and then we were into the main set:

1km time trial which I did in 18mins 28secs.  This was in the Valley pool as a 50m pool

This was followed by some drills and a warmdown.

All up around 2km or just shy of it.

I was quite happy with the TT, I don't know if I have done a 1km TT previously, but I felt comfortable the whole way.  I probably could have gone a bit harder at the start as I felt as though I finished it stronger so this is a good sign of my swim fitness.  I was swimming it long and strong and I think this is the key for me.

0 comments: