Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Kenmore, South East Qld, Australia
I'm a vegetarian who loves dining out, dark chocolate and catching up with friends over a run or a bike ride followed by a yummy breakfast. I live with my carnivorous husband, dalmatian dog and burmese cat.

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

45min run with Nattie

Today was a run from home. I took Nattie with me and we headed off up the road. It was a beautiful morning, a little on the cool side 15 degrees celcius but it soon warmed up.

Nattie was good, she needed some gentle reminders when dogs started barking at us to pay attention to where she was running but other than that she was brilliant. She actually seemed quite energisd after the run too, so I obviously didn't overdo it with her!

We ran pretty slow. I was supposed to have my HR around 140-155, however I struggled a bit to get it above 140. I just didn't feel like pushing myself. So, it may be a combination of my HR being a bit lower from not getting a full recovery from the weekends race or maybe I am getting a bit more run fitness and it is naturally a bit lower. The verdict is still out on that one!

I felt good during the run, I had no pain, although I was careful to keep my form and to run on the right hand side of the road with the camber sloping down to the right to give my left foot a bit more support. This seems to work a treat! If only I could chose surfaces like this every time I ran!

I wasn't overly tired today. I did, however eat a whole heap of junk... Must stop this. I'm not quite ready to divulge my diet but I think I'm going to have to soon, just so that I can control what I eat a bit better! Stay tuned...

0 comments: