Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Kenmore, South East Qld, Australia
I'm a vegetarian who loves dining out, dark chocolate and catching up with friends over a run or a bike ride followed by a yummy breakfast. I live with my carnivorous husband, dalmatian dog and burmese cat.

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Run Session with BTS

Today was in the Botanic Gardens. Very nice not to be doing the stairs at Kangaroo Point! Chris wasn't there so Robson ran the session. It was quite hard. We did a warm up run over the bridge and into the Gardens where we did some drills; quick step, high knees, butt kicks, high knee/butt kick drill, etc. I was trying to keep my hips from doing sideways movement as this is what I am trying to do with the Physio.

After that we did 4 circuits; up the hill towards the uni, turn right and run towards the entrance, turn left up towards the uni and then left to come down to the centre and finish. Jog recovery and then into a squat or push ups and off again.

The idea was to run this at 10k race pace. It was quite a solid run as it had the hills. Midway through the 3rd I had to run to the toilet - I was going to bust! So then I was last for the last one and everyone cheered me home. Very embarrassing...

I couldn't keep up to Sophie which is a shame as we were very even only a few weeks ago. Never mind, I've got her to chase now!

0 comments: