Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Kenmore, South East Qld, Australia
I'm a vegetarian who loves dining out, dark chocolate and catching up with friends over a run or a bike ride followed by a yummy breakfast. I live with my carnivorous husband, dalmatian dog and burmese cat.

Sunday, March 2, 2008

Run at Marburg

I got up at sparrows to do my 60minute run. I was really looking forward to this run as it was a nice long, low heart rate run in a different location. I was looking forward to running in the quiet countryside of Marburg.

The road that we were staying on was only 1.5kms long or thereabouts so I ran to the end of that which comes out onto the Warrego Highway. I noticed that there was a street a couple of kms up the road so decided that I would run up there and then I would be back into the countryside and then come home.

The Warrego Highway was hell! I couldn't believe that there could be so much traffic there at 5:45am in the morning. Big trucks, little cars, you name it. There wasn't much of a shoulder and when I got to the road I saw that it only went into 1 house and then ended, so I ran back the way I came and did a couple of loops of the road we were staying at. It was more peaceful doing a run from home!

On the last loop that I did one of the senior managers at my work joined me, so we ran side by side for 15minutes. I've never really had much to do with him prior to this, so I guess running also opens up other opportunities! He was only doing a 3km run so he was pushing a bit harder than I was so the last 15minutes of my run was quite hard - we kind of pushed the last couple of hundred metres and I finished with a heart rate of 171! So much for an easy run! Mostly though my heart rate was mid 140's.

0 comments: