Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Kenmore, South East Qld, Australia
I'm a vegetarian who loves dining out, dark chocolate and catching up with friends over a run or a bike ride followed by a yummy breakfast. I live with my carnivorous husband, dalmatian dog and burmese cat.

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Coffee on Byron

As if we are going to miss a session like this! Not surprising, it was a big turnout. We rode down to the Corso, did 2 x 4min efforts, a 3min, 2min and 1 min effort. 14 minutes effort in all, very civilised!

I felt like a bit of a goober as I had my race wheels on and I couldn't even do a U turn as I am so lacking in confidence with all the traffic and bikes about. The group that I was riding with was Sophie, Chris, Jacqui Elliot and Sarah, I held them up a couple of times with not turning around quick enough and then my chain came off... Oh well, hopefully one day I will be able to ride without looking like a complete beginner!

I did feel good on the ride though, when I was putting in an effort it was all coming together and I felt for the first time the wheels sucking me along. I can imagine if you could ride 40k averaging over 35kms/hr they would really benefit. Unfortunately I am a little way off that...

Coffee afterwards was free! Can't argue with that - Byron shouted the group which was really nice of him. It was much appreciated.

0 comments: