Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Kenmore, South East Qld, Australia
I'm a vegetarian who loves dining out, dark chocolate and catching up with friends over a run or a bike ride followed by a yummy breakfast. I live with my carnivorous husband, dalmatian dog and burmese cat.

Thursday, March 6, 2008

Lunchtime Swim with Trent

Swimming for the 2nd time this week by Wednesday! Anybody would think that a major triathlon is just around the corner!

The swim session today was brilliant. I get so much out of Trent's sessions. We did a fair bit of work on the stroke today. Basically the triggers for me are to put all of my fingers in the water at the same time, fingers a little bit apart, glide a little, then point down towards the bottom of the pool as if painting it, bend the elbow and once I have a good hold on the water try and push the last bit of the stroke through strongly right through to the thigh. This should push my body through the water over the top of the downward stroke. Don't rush the first part of the stroke, but I can accelerate through the last part of the stroke to get that lift.

Of course, I have a long way to go in this regard, but I will try and visualise those triggers when I am swimming and see if I can get some improvements happening.

The session was 100m free, 50m pull, 100m free, 50m pull, 100m free
1km made up of 200m free, 200m pull, 200m free, 200m pull, 200m free
4 x 50mtrs - 25 one arm drill 25 free
50mtrs hard - stroke counting with Trent adding our time and stroke count together.
I did 46 stroke count, 47 secs
4 x 50mtrs - 25 fingertip drag drill 25 free
50mtrs hard - stroke counting with Trent adding our time and stroke count together.
I did 45 stroke count, 46 secs
4 x 50mtrs - 25 catch-up drill 25 free
50mtrs hard - stroke counting with Trent adding our time and stroke count together.
I did 45 stroke count, 45 secs
4 x 5mtrs - 25mtrs fist drill, 25 free
50mtrs hard - stroke counting with Trent adding our time and stroke count together.
I did 45 stroke count, 46 secs.
Warm down was 100m free, 50m breaststroke x 2

This was a really good session for me. I am hoping that I can continue to improve with tips like this.

0 comments: