Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Kenmore, South East Qld, Australia
I'm a vegetarian who loves dining out, dark chocolate and catching up with friends over a run or a bike ride followed by a yummy breakfast. I live with my carnivorous husband, dalmatian dog and burmese cat.

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Bribie Island "Training"

I missed out on registering for the Penny Croft Memorial Triathlon at Bribie Island so I had to make do with being a spectator.

I did however manage to get in a run and a swim. The run was a 5-10min warmup followed by about 20 minutes of hard running. I was running at about 5-5:30min/km pace and was finding it hard to keep the motivation at that pace. It is much harder when there isn't anyone to chase or chasing me! I don't know how people get on training on their own, they are obviously a lot more dedicated to the cause than I am! My HR was around the high 150's, so I certainly could have pushed a bit harder.

The swim was good, I was swimming well, but did manage to freak myself out in the water on a couple of occassions. I swam from the swim exit on the race to the left towards the bridge, got to the bridge and then turned around and swum back. I kept seeing shadows in the water! Other than those moments it was a good swim. Nice aerobic swim.

Then it was on to cheer for the BTS members out there competing. Mum came along to watch as well, I bet she can't wait to see me compete at Mooloolaba! Hi Mum.

0 comments: