Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Kenmore, South East Qld, Australia
I'm a vegetarian who loves dining out, dark chocolate and catching up with friends over a run or a bike ride followed by a yummy breakfast. I live with my carnivorous husband, dalmatian dog and burmese cat.

Sunday, March 2, 2008

Swim at Marburg

I have been slack the last couple of days and didn't do a run Tuesday as my foot was bothering me. Then the Wednesday morning I was supposed to do a cycle but I had to be out at Marburg bright and early for work and was not going to make it in time so missed out.

Marburg was a full on day and they had a pool at the place that I was staying at so I jumped in and swam for 30mins. I'm not sure how far I swam as it was a 25mtr pool and I hate counting laps in a 25mtr pool. It was quite a good pool to swim in as there was not black line to follow and there was a definite current. As there were other people swimming in there I had to keep track of where I was going and keep on line, so it was actually good open water practice!

I concentrated on my stroke and tried to push it a little. I felt like it was a bit messy, maybe that was because I was trying to push it a little... I think I will do some time trials of a few hundred metres one of these days and see if it is still the case that if I slow my stroke down and really concentrate on it being long and strong whether that is still the quickest way for me to swim. I am pretty sure that this will still be the case. The good thing about that is my heart rate is lower and I am more relaxed, so I come out of the water in better shape for the cycle with less energy spent.

0 comments: