Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Kenmore, South East Qld, Australia
I'm a vegetarian who loves dining out, dark chocolate and catching up with friends over a run or a bike ride followed by a yummy breakfast. I live with my carnivorous husband, dalmatian dog and burmese cat.

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Roma Street Parklands run

This morning I was scheduled to do a 20-30 minute jog on my own with 15 mins of stretching.

I decided to come in with Craig and do my own thing at Roma Street Parklands. I was prepared for a really boring run on my own in a relatively small park, however I really enjoyed the run. I think that it helps that I like lovely gardens and they are looking exceptionally beautiful. I incorporated some grass running, some boardwalks, some stairs some hills, some 'lillypad' jumping. It was actually quite enjoyable. I wouldn't want to do any more than 30minutes there but at least I know that I can run there if need be and the footing is certainly softer than running around Brisbane on the concrete paths.

I felt really slow when I started out, I was quite sluggish and really struggled to get my pace around the 6minute/km mark. After I warmed up though, I was in the 5:40's to just over 6minute/km pace depending on what I was doing. I can't help feeling that if I do under 60 minutes at Mooloolaba I'll be lucky. I'll just have to play it by ear and be prepared to run outside of my comfort zone. Today when I was running my HR wouldn't have got above 150bpm and it was generally around the high 130's and 140's. So, I really wasn't working that hard, but it was hard to push through that. I think that i just need to be prepared to push through that at Mooloolaba and not finish knowing that I could have gone out harder.

The good news is that my foot which I have been struggling with felt good. No soreness afterwards, so I'm pretty happy with that.

0 comments: