Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Kenmore, South East Qld, Australia
I'm a vegetarian who loves dining out, dark chocolate and catching up with friends over a run or a bike ride followed by a yummy breakfast. I live with my carnivorous husband, dalmatian dog and burmese cat.

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Thursday night swim session

Tonight was our last hard swim session and I am very relieved about that! I am exhausted. It is all catching up to me at the moment.

I swam well tonight even though I am tired. We did 20 x 50's on the minute. I did the first 10 on about the 55secs and the last 10 were on just over 50secs so I was pretty happy with that effort. It was a nice strong set.

I have finally found a bilateral breathing pattern that works for me, I breath 2 strokes on 1 side, 3 strokes and then 2 strokes the other side. This seems to work well for me so I will start to adapt that a bit more in training. With the 20 x 50's I just breathed to 1 side though. I find if I am doing efforts then I get too hypoxic to try and breath any less than that.

0 comments: