Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Kenmore, South East Qld, Australia
I'm a vegetarian who loves dining out, dark chocolate and catching up with friends over a run or a bike ride followed by a yummy breakfast. I live with my carnivorous husband, dalmatian dog and burmese cat.

Friday, March 7, 2008

Trent's Lunchtime Swim

Friday's session is sprints and hypoxic. Both things that I most definately need work on!

We did some drills and sprints. I was doing the 50mtrs (the pool was chopped in half) in around 43 secs consistently. So, that's good - at least I have some benchmarks. I haven't timed my swimming over any sor of sprint in ages.

We did some hypoxic swimming which consisted of breathing every 5 strokes for 8 x 50mtrs. This kills me, I really suck at it! I managed to do the session without cheating on the swim, although I did take a huge gulp of air at the end of the 25 before turning around to come home!

I spent a fair bit of time concentrating on my hand entry into the water, my grap of the water by tilting my hand down towards the bottom of the pull and then pushing it back building up speed through the stroke and giving a final push out at my thighs. This needs a lot of work as I am lacking strength to get a really good pull through the water, but I will keep this in mind as I am swimming from now on.

I felt great for the rest of the day, I am feeling fighting fit at the moment. I just hope that I can remain this way for the next few weeks.

0 comments: