Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Kenmore, South East Qld, Australia
I'm a vegetarian who loves dining out, dark chocolate and catching up with friends over a run or a bike ride followed by a yummy breakfast. I live with my carnivorous husband, dalmatian dog and burmese cat.

Friday, March 7, 2008

BTS Ride Inside

Another hard session...

I had a great session today - I really felt as though I was working hard and getting great value out of the session.

It was 5 x 5minute efforts at 90 cadence at 90%HR. No easy feat. I was in my big gear ring and I would start out about 3rd largest cog at the back. I would flick it to a smaller cog (harder gear) once or twice throughout and on the last effort for the last minute I was on my 2nd smallest gear at the back. I have struggled with the last couple of these sessions to get my HR up, however today I was able to get it up to the 81% of max (which is 90% on the bike), so I was happy with that. I think I can manage the smaller efforts better - the 10minute sets that we had been doing previously just do my head in! I could bite these smaller efforts off without too much hassle - sort of like saying that it is only a 1km run effort.

I was really concentrating, particularly on the recovery to have my pedal stroke nice and fluid and smooth, with my heal down and pulling up and over the stroke. I think that if I concentrate on this more it will make a difference to my overall cycling - that's the theory anyway!

We did a run off the bike up to the corner and back - about 1km. I felt really strong and felt as though I was running OK. I seem to have been able to pick up a bit of speed (for me!) lately that I didn't have before which is a pleasant change. When I got back Mark said that he really likes the way that I am running at the moment, so that's nice. Sometimes it is good to have things go your way!

0 comments: